Park Avenue Mercantile was originally opened as Leather Works, an authorized sales center for Leather
Factory, on Utah Avenue in Idaho Falls during the spring of 1999. As time progressed and the economy changed, the store went through several changes and moved twice, ending up at the current
location which was purchased in 2011. The shop was closed in June 2019. Bob and Rachel Zaladonis, the owners, decided to retire after having their shop for
just over 20 years.
Since originally opening as a leather craft store, they gradually added industrial sewing machine sales and service, outdoor fabric, webbing,
nylon hardware and industrial type sewing notions. In December of 2013 they started a new facade remodel to make the buildng more serviceable and updated the entry ways to meet current building
and ADA codes. On January 7th 2014 they aquired L&D Brewshop from Leon and moved its operation into the store.
With this new venture added to the store, they offered the folowing:
- Industrial sewing machine sales and service. We are the authorized sales and service centers for Artisan Sewing Supply, Consew,
EconoSew and PFAFF Industrial.
- Sewing supplies: We have many options for outdoor or special projects, including 1000 denier Cordura, 900 denier waterprof polyester
fabric, webbing, plastic, nylon, and metal hardware and findings, as well as industrial style sewing notions.
- Leather working supplies: As an authorized sales center for Tandy Leather Factory we stock most popular dyes, finishes, and project
kits. In addition to this we are the local stocking distributrs for Thoroughbred Leather, C.S. Osborne Tools, Garland Mallet, Silver Creek Leather, Leather Cord USA, Fiebings Dyes and Finishes,
and Petronios adhesives.
- Beer brewing supplies: We offer 11 base malts in bulk, liquid and dry extract form, and we stock over 40 specialized body flavor and
roasted barleys. We offer free grain milling with the purchase of grains. There are over 50 types of hops in stock, and dozens of yeasts to complete your beer. We stock and represent BrewCraft USA,
FermenTap, KegConnection, Wyeast, Fermentis, and Mangrove Jacks. We also offer a great variety of bottling and kegging items, from basic beer bottles to and tubing.
- Wine making: We carry many ready to assemble kits as well as all of your fermentaion, sanitation,
bottling, chemical testing, and adjusting supplies.
- Cheese making supplies: New England Cheese Making Supply products are have become essential to the home cheese-maker. We stock
books, kits, cheese molds (for forming the cheese), cultures, rennets, and innoculation bacteria as well as cloths, presses and cheese wax.
- Distillation supplies and equipment: We carry rye malt, flaked corn and several specialized high attenuation yeasts for
distillation. We can also special order the Turbo Distillation system for those wishing to craft their own ethanol for alternative fuel.
Since Bob and Rachel decided to retire in June of 2019, they have sold their beloved downtown building and closed up shop to spend time with
their three beautiful daughters and presue other interests. They thank you for your patronage and support.